Wednesday 19 December 2007

Concepts

So its got to a stage now when im in dire need of actually needing to put some of my ideas into action, however, as usual i have several other things that need to be completed within the same time scale. It is now, as im sure you are all well aware, getting very close to christmas and thankfully i have no more deadlines untill after new years. This does not mean that i have no work to be getting on with as in the first two weeks of January i have several deadlines including this one. With this in mind plus the fact that the members of Clanvid have gone to there respective families for this festive time means that it is difficult to achieve very much. With these limitations in mind i have decided to dedicate some time to researching political videos and accumulating a series of video clips from which i will hopefully be able to create a montage that i can combine with recordings of myself to create my final piece. The trouble i have found with this is choosing the form my piece will take and deciding on the target of my piece. Currently i am torn between two concepts and ideas, one being a brass eye style of performance in which i will directly attack and make allogations against a politician and/or a political party or a mock interview that uses clip me asking questions mixed in with video clips of politicians in order to create the answers. I will ponder this over the next few days and will report on my progress.

No comments: